Hunting at Data Safaris
Your hunt will take place on varies properties with over 30,000 acres available. We are dedicated to providing our guests with the highest quality of service and standards. We seek to deliver our promise of value and quality above all else.
- All road transport for the duration of hunt.
- Full accommodation with daily laundry and cleaning services.
- Soft drinks and mineral water provided, table wine.
- No premium or hard liquor is included in daily rate.
- Services of a professional hunter, use of a hunting vehicle, trackers, skinners and camp staff.
- Hunting licenses and permits – excluding CITES.
- Air travel, accommodation and travel charges incurred before and after the contracted period of the safari.
- Hire of rifles and ammunition ($50 per rifle per day).
- Personal Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Disinfecting, packaging, forwarding and insurance of trophies to port of exit from.
- South Africa and the shipment of trophies from port of exit to yourself.
- Taxidermist charges.
- Additional tours and sight-seeing.
- Rates are subject to change without written notice.
- Game not listed may be negotiated – please contact the Outfitter.
- Any animals wounded (found or not-found) will be charged in full.
While every effort is made to ensure the hunting client’s safety, no responsibility can be accepted for any illness, accident or loss/damage to personal belongings.
HOW TO BOOK:
$1 500 non-refundable deposit is required to confirm a reservation. 50% Deposit Required on all Big 5 hunts. No refund of deposit will be made if client cancels the safari within 6 months of contracted date. In all other instances the deposit will be refunded only when no other suitable date could be re-booked for the safari in that same year.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Telephone: +27-83-379-7062 (From other countries)
Please bear in mind that, according to South African law, it is prohibited to bring a semi-automatic firearm into the country. You are also limited to bringing in 200 rounds of ammunition per caliber into the country. Depending on how many animals you aim to shoot, we suggest about 60 rounds of ammunition per caliber should be adequate. Remember the cleaning equipment!
We take Credit Cards: Visa, Mastercard (NOT American Express), Wire transfer and US Dollars.
If you are going to use a Credit Card, please notify your C/C Company before come over.
WiFi is available at the lodge but connection may be slow at times.
Average weather is, day-time 65 to 70f, night-time 36 to 40f.
What to bring:
- Odourless sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 20
- A good hat
- Three sets of hunting clothes, khaki or camo A thick jacket, as it gets cold during winter evenings
- Gloves, and possibly a small scarf
- Two pairs of well-worn and comfortable walking boots with thick socks
- Personal medication
- A good camera and enough film/memory sticks
- Camcorders are welcome and remember battery recharge equipment
- Rifle and cleaning equipment (no semi-automatic rifles are allowed into the country)
- If you are so inclined to keep a diary of your hunting exploits, bring it along
- If hunting during our summer months (September - April), insect repellent is advised
3 sets of hunting clothes, (don’t over pack, laundry gets done every day) a heavy jacket and light jacket. A pair of comfortable hunting boots because you will be walking a lot.
We use 220 volts in South Africa so you will need a power converter. This is available at most electronic stores.
We suggest a caliber of minimum .30 (30-06, 308, 300 win mag ect) for plains game. Minimum caliber for any Big 5 hunts is .375 caliber. Swift A-frame bullets are recommended for Cape Buffalo hunts.
As we need more visibility with bow hunting, we suggest any bow hunting to be done from July to mid October. Hunting takes place from a raised or pit blind overlooking a waterhole.
Your bow should NOT BE lighter than 55lbs. We suggest that you bring around 2 dozen arrows/broadheads and a range finder.
What our Clients say
"Another wonderful hunt. Another wonderful time. Thank you so much for the best hospitality anyone could ask for! You guys are simply the best!"
Roger & Sandy Lehman
"I have really enjoyed the past 3 years that I have hunted with you. You do everything that you can to see that every hunter has a great time. You don’t take hunters out only to kill animals, you try to get them the best trophies possible, and you make every effort to track any wounded animal. Thanks!"
"Hunting with Data Safaris was a wonderful experience! A 57” Kudu, a very big heavy Gemsbuck and a real nice Blesbuck. I had a great time and will return!"
- Sam Kindrick - 304 550 2207
- Richard Crone - 828 577 0995
- Frank Bennett - 732 558 0683
- Dan Daley - 801 879 2559
- Jared Wade - 912 663 5335
- Paul Moe - 908 415 0999
- Brendan Cornwell - 912 657 3168